Thursday, September 11, 2014

BASH AND DASH BIDDING AND DONORS CHOOSE

At where I teach "Stoner Creek Elementary ROCKS!" (Ok, the name does not include ROCKS! in it... but it should) we have one major fundraiser a year called Bash n Dash. The kids raise money by running laps and people donate for how many laps they run. The kids also give money to wear silly hats one day, PJs one day, etc... WELL - the support teachers (that includes me!) try to do something to raise money with an AUCTION STYLE type of bidding for a prize. So - without more explanation - have you bid to paint with me yet???? HMM??? Cuz who would NOT want to, right? ;)

So here is the scoop in case you missed the info - check out my website here: (YES I do have a website TOO - honestly just cuz the school makes us and I really do not like it as much as the blog)

                          https://sites.google.com/a/wilsonk12tn.us/mrs-redditt-s-art-class/

Now, I had trouble on the "have to use this google website for school" on loading the pictures of what I choose to paint with the THREE HIGHEST BIDDING KIDDOS. So I am going to try it here. Now, if your kid just REALLY wants to paint something different then these 2 choices (which I doubt because these 2 choices are pretty cute) they can try to talk me into something else.



                                              See? They are CUTE! Good luck on bidding!



Now for the SECOND part of this post that includes money..... (it is 6:20 a.m. so forgive me) we had some guys come to our school and talk to us about Donors Choose which looks like an AWESOME way to get things we need for our classrooms. I have already set up a project that I would like funded. I will say I have to wait a few days for the Donors Choose people to look it over and agree. (which I know they will as it is all about BOOKS - my 2nd favorite hobby right after Art!) I have NO good Art books to read to the kids and there are some AMAZING ones out there! SO - - - -I made a list on Amazon and sent it to Donors Choose under the project name "I see my favorite books as a work of Art." Hope you can help me by donating a little (or a lot!) to some books for our classroom! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment