Wednesday, July 23, 2014

TN Arts Academy week!

Whew, am I tired! This week I have attended for the 1st time the TN Arts Academy and I can tell you it is worth every penny. It has been an inspiring and exhausting week! I have met so many people, made art, stole ideas for lessons, met all kind of contacts, heard beautiful music, seen all kinds of talented people --- and ate a TON of food!

This is the kind of in-service I dream of. Artists of all kinds sharing their talents with one another. I have been pushed and pulled in so many new ways...some things sound familiar and some things are so new to me that it is a wild ride for this new art teacher. I find myself trying to catch everything and coming home with my mind in a whirl.  At the same time I am refueled and ready each new morning to do it again because this is where I belong.

I go again tomorrow for the last day and I can tell as I type this I am wiped out tonight but also felt the need to write this so I do not forget all the wonderful people, ideas, and creativity.

Just a few pictures of what I have been doing:

 
Family Tree (we had to hurry on all of these projects and this is one I wish I had more time on)
 
 
                                                     Top left is my Picasso inspired art.

                                                            

                                       Our tiki men were used as centerpieces at the TAA luncheon.


No comments:

Post a Comment